Download Games

Waiting on Wednesday: Feed (Newsflesh, #1)

Waiting on Wednesday recognizes that we as bookies pine for books. This post is about what I am impatiently waiting for right now. It was started by Jill at Breaking the Spine.

This week's selection is Feed (Newsflesh, #1) by Mira Grant and is set to be released May 1st 2010 by Orbit.

The year was 2014. We had cured cancer. We had beat the common cold. But in doing so we created something new, something terrible that no one could stop. The infection spread, virus blocks taking over bodies and minds with one, unstoppable command: FEED.

NOW, twenty years after the Rising, Georgia and Shaun Mason are on the trail of the biggest story of their lives-the dark conspiracy behind the infected. The truth will out, even if it kills them.

From Goodreads

I'm a pretty big fan of books and movies dealing with "utopia creation" and "diseases gone wrong" like 28 Days Later (movie) or I Am Legend (book, the movie wasn't the same). Nautrally, this one seems right up my alley. Nothing like a good "fight to survive" to get your blood pumping. I find that these scenarios work better for me in book format because the mind has limitless capacity for visualizing action, whereas in a movie, you are stuck with the writer/director/actor's vision. Hopefully Feed will give me the good thrill I'm looking for in and expose teens to the wide and varied world of horror.

So what are you waiting on?

0 comments:

Post a Comment