Download Games

Preemie Prints Support Volunteer and Blog Contributor

Julianna Hudnall - Preemie Prints support volunteer & blog contributor

Julianna is a genetics major at Texas A&M and looking to volunteer in a support setting involving NICU families. She had a 1 lb. 11 oz. cousin so she has experienced the NICU journey with her family. I hope you will welcome her to our group and if you'd like visit with her one on one by using the group chat please do so. If she is not online just leave her a message and she will schedule a time to be online. Although she is not a counselor yet, she is working towards that goal. Julianna has 60 hours of crisis counseling training and is comfortable dealing with grief and anger over having babies born premature, stress of responsibility, guilt, fear about the future etc. 

If you would like to schedule a chat session with Julianna please email us and we will arrange it.

BIO
I am a genetics major at A&M. I have always loved science, but I am called to help people in a more personal way than through "bench work". My mom's class is a big reason for this. She teaches high school level self-contained special ed, and over the years, I began to really get to know and love her students. Watching her with her class made me want to help special needs kids, and it also gave me insight into some of the struggles that families of special needs children go through. I really wanted take an active role to support these children and their families in their unique times of need. As a result, I decided to make genetic counseling my goal. Genetic counselors "provide information and support to families who have members with birth defects or genetic disorders and to families who may be at risk for a variety of inherited conditions." When I was 8, I had a baby cousin born about 3 months premature--weighing only 1 lb 11 oz. After an arduous journey, she got to go home. Now, she is bright and compassionate...and almost in high school! After my cousin's experience (more on that later), I have always wanted to deal with preemies as well. So I think preemie prints is doing an awesome thing! I am hoping to help in any way I can with current NICU, post NICU, and special needs post NICU families. I understand that these can be overwhelming feelings for any new mother of a preemie, and I would love to be a listening ear. Sometimes, people just need to talk it out...it is very cathartic. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment